Wednesday, December 10, 2003

What I'll miss most...

The relationships that have now turned into friendships. Working with people that genuinely care. The atmosphere while working. The company and how they treat their employees. The benefits. I'm gonna miss those 20 days of paid time off every year. The short drive to work.

I've spent the morning crying and reflecting and wondering what the next step of my life should and will be. The life division of our company (my department) were called into a meeting this morning with our president and vice-president. I half expected news of new layoffs (business has been very slow for a long time now). I did not know what we would soon find out would be so widespread. Our company will no longer be in the life insurance industry after the end of April. So, I'll have a job until April and maybe until the end of June (tho, i doubt that for several reasons). This news is shocking and strange. I'm left with a feeling of uncertainty right now.

A note on my computer reads, "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." 2 Corinthians 4:8

I'll be reading that verse a lot more regularly in the months to come. God is faithful and I am blessed even in the midst of this uncertainty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home