Monday, October 13, 2003

O Mwadi Wakanaka

Tim and I went to CCiPH on Sunday for the gathering of the Saints. (hehe, now isn't that much more interesting than "CHURCH"?) I found myself strangely following along to worship songs in other languages. At first it was fairly awkward and I was just fumbling through. As we continued to sing I began to see the simplicity and beauty in it. I can't even remember any of the words of the first song that we sang together. Sitting there in that beautiful building and singing a beautiful song to our beautiful Lord...It was good. We sang another song, that possibly originates from Africa (I have forgotten), and it translates to God is so good. O Mwadi Wakanaka.

On another similar note, this weekend was really good. It was really good to spend time with Tim. (for those of you that care to know it was 40 days since we had seen each other) At some point over the weekend I realized that I loved Tim more after this weekend than I did before the weekend began. I told him I "appreciated" him more. Looking back on what I said, I'm not sure that appreciate is really the word that fits. I think it is just that I love him in a deeper way now. Nevertheless, it was good. (and he brought me daisies!) hehe. I could go on and on about the little things that made this weekend so special but I won't. Well, at least not in this format.
"he now showed them the full extent of his love"...and "he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him." (John 13) Tim washed my feet this weekend, literally. It was strange and intimate and amazing all at the same time. And to think, I almost didn't let him.

O Mwadi Wakanaka. (God is so good) Not just because I had a really good weekend. And not only because I have really amazing friends in my life. It is everything about Him that makes him so good. "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

*happy sigh* Thank you for being a part of my life. May there be peace with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home