Sunday, October 26, 2003

Real Life Stuff

A few of you may know of my friend, Christine. Her uncle (mark) had been battling a brain tumor for quite some time. Last week Mark died, at least an earthly death. Since his death and funeral and such lots of hurt feelings have come to the surface in their family. I don't know details and wouldn't care to share them anyhow. But, I know that this time is difficult and made increasingly more difficult with the friction amoung the family. I love her and I care about her and her family a lot. If you are able and willing I ask for your prayers for a member of our family.

About two weeks ago I found out that my grandpa (my mom's dad) has a cancerous tumor on his eye. I was told that they would scrape out the tumor and put in a radiation patch to see if that would be beneficial. Since that short time ago it is apparent that the tumor has greatly enlarged in size. So much so that what they were originally going to do is no longer an a viable option. This Friday my grandpa will be having surgery to remove his eye. My mom has also told me that there are at least two or three other "spots" that they have found on an ultrasound. I have no idea what the prognosis will be. Please keep my grandpa and my family in your prayers and in your hearts. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for loving.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home