Thursday, December 18, 2003

things to think about

Beautiful chaos

Tuesday nights I get to hang out with some very awesome people. As we all get ready for dinner it seems to me this is the way family should be. Some people getting ice, others filling glasses with liquid. Someone making yummy mashed potatoes, another person stirring the corn. Another couple of people sharing what's been going on in their lives. And yet another person setting the table. It was crazy! And I loved every second of it!! Genuine and wholesome and important are words that come to mind when I think of Tuesday night group. (fondly called bensgroup) awww, it makes me smile :-)

"I thought you weren't allowed to get those"
That's what my brother says to me after I mention I'd like to get a tatoo. funny how that works, isn't it? He's under the presumption (like a lot of different people are) that Christians shouldn't have or get tatoos. My idiotic reply was, "well that verse was in the old testament" to which he says, "ooooh, so it's ok now then?" in almost a criticizing tone. I added in a "ya know, old covenant, new covenant thing." almost under my breath. Why the hell do I believe something but have nothing to back it up. Actually, I'm not even sure I really believe it...just going along with the idea it'd be cool to get a tatoo and I don't think God is gonna get "mad" at me over it or send me to hell and I know some pretty cool faith-filled people that are ok with it. tho, I guess I should figure some things out before I open my big mouth again. I wonder what he thinks about me not praying before I ate last night, or what my views are on Christmas (the real thing vs. what Christmas entails in my life now). I wonder if he thinks I am a good sister, a good person, a good friend, a good Christian (if there is such a thing).


Decisions, decisions...
So, I found out yesterday that I actually get to choose when I get laid off from work. It can either be April 30th or June 30th. There are advantages and disadvantages for each. I'll update more on this later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home