Wednesday, February 18, 2004

sillyness, part 2

Things that make me me. (are you allowed to say me me? interesting)
1. I love to drive fast. (80 to 90, done safely, would be optimal)
2. I cry often. When other people hurt, when I hurt, at a sad movie, etc.
3. I used to hate the color pink. (i'm barely beginning to enjoy it now) The only logical reason I have is when I was younger my entire room was pink. I had light pink walls, mauve carpeting, and pink blinds. I got so sick of it I have hated it for at least 9 years.
4. My best friend's favorite color is pink. hehe. Purple has been my favorite for the past nine years. Now, I'm beginning to think that blue will become my next favorite.
5. I cringe when I hear people filing their nails.
6. I hate the word "erk". My dad used to say that and it always rubbed me the wrong way. (can a word "rub" you? hmmmm)
7. I enjoy surfing the web if I'm bored. I love having tons of answers to random questions at my fingertips, literally.
8. I didn't learn to type until my sophomore of high school. I never thought I'd catch on. Here I am, eight years later, having it be the most valuable job quality that I have.
9. I always wanted my first boyfriend to end up as my husband.
10. My little brother, Lyle, and I get along the best. As my friend Jenny says, "he's my little pookie!"
11. My new favorite pen is the Pilot Easy Touch.
12. I love chocolate!
13. I never used to sing out loud to the radio. Now, I almost always do, unless I'm with someone that I don't know very well. I figure, if my friends are gonna love me then they're gonna have to deal with my pitiful singing.
14. I've realized that it is not easy to live with other people. and Yes, that includes me.
15. I'd rather pop my own popcorn on the stovetop than eat microwaved popcorn.
16. I love puppies/dogs. I'm the person that grosses you out because I let them lick me and will hug them and let them climb all over me.
17. I often wonder that if I died in the near future who would show up at my funeral.
18. I always fantasize about my wedding. hey, I'm a girl!
19. Along the same lines, I love to plan things. I remember when I was younger trying to plan for my birthday parties six months in advance. My mom would always say that I had to wait! Every year I am always the first to ask what people want for Christmas gifts and what we're planning for the holidays. The usual reply is, "Dana, that's months away! I don't want to think about that right now."
20. I used to be incredibly shy. I try to force myself to be more outgoing.
21. A few useful things I learned in college: Euchre. nap-taking. Cramming. (example: preparing a 5 minute speach in the 10 minutes between Bible Lands and Public Speaking) School food is nasty. School rules were more strict than my parent's rules.
22. I was told that the newness and the enjoyment of driving would wear off. I still love it! There was an entire year that I was without a car, maybe that had an impact?!
23. I LOVE shopping, even for groceries.
24. I often don't listen to certain songs because I dislike the lyrics.
25. I am very understanding. Sometimes too understanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home