Sunday, September 16, 2007

crisp

With the change in weather and my wanting to take a break from all things difficult and also wanting to spend significant time with my people I have secretly been hoping to go on a road trip. That chance came this weekend. So, I'm sitting here (in Columbus) with two of my favorite people and remembering the peace and perfection of last night's crisp evening.

It's funny how that peace often comes in the most ordinary of moments.

I've been a slacker on some Sunday mornings, even if (especially if?) I know the topic will resonate within me or will cause me to reflect on my Life and maybe even help me on my way towards change. It was one of those moments that I think I'll look back on in 10 years and realize that I either listened to the words that were offered last night or chose my own path in my decisions. After a quick dinner we drove up to Lindsay’s parent’s house. On the way through some country hillsides the travel brought back a few happy childhood memories. My smile grew larger with each hill that we climbed. Have you ever traveled over a hill and with the motion of going over the hill it does something wild in your tummy? When my brothers and I were little we used to call that “getting our bellies”. :) We would say, “Mom, get our bellies!” which was her cue to drive a little faster over the approaching hill. Sitting in the car with two of my favorite people, remembering those moments and having an involuntary response of child-like giggles and “Wooooooh!" it made me realize how full of peace and wonder some moments can hold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home