Thursday, August 09, 2007

Equilibrium

Twenty-five came and went. What a year. I'm on the down-side to thirty. yep, I said thirty.

Lately I've been feeling a bit like I've been riding a merry-go-round ride too long. Lots of things seem out of place or out of balance and even overwhelming. Relationships seem unstable. Finances, while getting better, seem overwhelming. And, the list continues. I was telling someone that I feel like so many things need to be a priority, but I can't handle them ALL being a priority at once. I'm so overwhelmed that all I want is to take a vacation from everything and have everything be back to a familiar and wonderful place when I return.

I realize that Life doesn't work that way. The only way to get to a better place is to go through "it". That's what I'm trying to do, the best way I know how with as much strength and energy as I can muster so I can Live through it and to the other side of it all.

...so it begins, this twenty-sixth year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...We have it in us to be Christs to each other and maybe in some unimaginable way to God too -- that's what we have to tell finally. We have it in us to work miracles of love and healing as well as to have them worked upon us. We have it in us to bless with him and forgive with him and heal with him and once in a while maybe even to grieve with some measure of his grief at another's pain and to rejoice with some measure of his rejoicing at another's joy almost as if it were our own. And who knows but that in the end, by God's mercy, the two stories will converge for good and all, and though we would never have had the courage or the faith or the wit to die for him any more than we have ever managed to live for him very well either, his story will come true in us at last. And in the meantime, this side of Paradise, it is our business (not like so many peddlers of God's word, but as men and women of sincerity) to speak with our hearts (which is what sincerity means) and to bear witness to, and live out of, and live toward, and live by, the true word of his holy story as it seeks to stammer itself forth through the holy stories of us all."

--Frederick Buechner


(love you dana! --tg)

8/14/2007 3:48 PM  
Blogger dana said...

tg,
you have no idea how appropriate that quote is. It is wonderful as are you! I love you too and hope to see you soon. :)

8/17/2007 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home