Tuesday, May 29, 2007

RaNdOm.

Sarah’s only request for the weekend was to make a stop at Half Priced Books. I complied, telling myself that I would only look and not buy anything. I have too many books on my list that I want to read--some that I own, some borrowed and some still at the bookstore. I couldn’t leave empty handed, apparently.

Here’s what I got (for less than $12!!):

*A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly (I started reading it while waiting on Sarah and by the time I got to the register I was already on page 16, so I HAD to take it home.)

*Miles Davis 1960-61 (this is wonderful. Best purchase of the day for sure, especially since it was less than 3 bucks.)

*Diana DiGarmo (big mistake…she was in the jazz section and I’d recognized her name from AI, but thought that maybe this CD would be Norah-esque. Not so much. To be fair, I didn’t give it a chance as I’ve only listened to the first song and half of the second, but that’s as far as I could get at the time.)

*A huge Cincinnati area map that includes street names and names of suburbs. (I’m hoping this helps me become more familiar with how one area of Cincy connects with another area that I thought were miles and miles apart.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great Miles period!

Hope you enjoy all the CD's.

Take care, MC.

5/29/2007 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home