Wednesday, April 11, 2007

my people

Yesterday I sent an email to someone who I’m not sure gets it. “It” being the kingdom or your people, your sangha, your church, your community…whatever you want to call it. Here’s what I said:
“At the core of who I am, I am a believer. My life flows from that. God tells us that if we are his disciples we will love one another. Loving other people involves getting to know them. It involves digging into their lives, getting messy, being there for both the good and the bad. It means being silent when the only thing the other person wants is someone to hear them. It means sharing the silly moments and the terrifying moments as well. In loving others we essentially love God.”

Then I spent the evening with some of the most wonderful people. These people live the Life that I described in my email. They’re pretty fan-damn-tastic.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

11/10/2008 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home