Monday, June 04, 2007

Mis favoritos.

www.kiva.org
Kiva is a site where lenders (people like you and me!) can micro-lend to people in other countries that are starting or continuing a small business; the minimum lending amount is only $25. Wikipedia does a better job at explaining the process. What a wonderful thing to take part in, helping other people better their lives and empower themselves!

www.etsy.com
One of my favorite sites! I’ve always been a fan of handmade items, especially as gifts. This site allows users to set up their own “shops” and sell their wares over the internet. You can find almost anything on Etsy now. They have purses, clothes, candles, fudge, jewelry, photography, art, baby stuff, and the list goes on (and on!). I’m in the process of setting up my very own shop (dancinglight) at etsy to sell some photos and will probably open in a few months. My first purchase from Etsy was made yesterday and I can hardly wait to sport my new tote/purse around town. Seriously. I can’t say enough about this site.

www.waiterrant.net
I LOVE reading this guy’s stories. It is Insightful, funny, real and often heart-warming. Too bad he’s blocked at work. I’ve found a way around this, sort of.

Blogs, blogs, everywhere…
I’m also a bit obsessed with everyone’s blogs. Obsession isn’t a bad thing, right? There are a few blogs that if I’m able are checked at least once a day. Then there are all the other blogs that I come across. At present I have 28 bookmarked on my favorites list; they really need to be weeded through. Recently I linked to a blog from a lender page on Kiva. I’ll probably post a link to this woman at some point. The first post I read was about global warming. I had been thinking about some of the same things since Tyana’s post and link a few weeks ago. There’s a post in the works right now for my blog, but I don’t know if I’ll get around to finishing it and posting. Good, good stuff.

www.wikipedia.org
Wikipedia has nearly everything you'd like information for. Ellery has an entry as does Michael Wilson, Honaker (a city in Virginia), and even an entry for the beloved ALF. I'm not joking!! Anything that has all those cool and unique things in one place is pretty rad.

What are some of your favorite sites online?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home