Friday, August 15, 2008

my little garden

There was apparently no luck convincing mom to bring me flowers and cake for my birthday. I’m still waiting and she avoided calling me (helloooo, mom!) on Tuesday when I told her she should come hang out with my friends. It’s too bad; she missed seeing the little harvest from my little garden. It really is quite tiny and since it is going so well this year (despite the many times I’ve neglected watering) that I think next year I will be expanding said garden. Anywho, back to the harvest...

From my garden I picked:
4 bright red roma tomatoes (not so shiny, so I don’t what that is about)
A bunch of basil
1 reddish bell pepper (it’s supposed to be red, but was still a little green)

The cukes are growing as well as many more tomatoes, some jalepenos, and more bell peppers. I once thought my cantaloupe was a lost cause, but the vine is growing like crazy now. Way to make a comeback cantaloupe!

I wish I would've taken some photos.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger K-Dubyah said...

*ahem* Your Momma is so sorry...

Now, maybe you should come out and help me harvest my little garden. ;-)
I've got several cantelope, and the watermelons are getting big..
Still no 'maters tho. Plenty of cucumbers and squash, plus the beans are starting to come on. See? I need your help!

You'll be here when? And bring your friends with you.

Problem solved...
Love you!

8/16/2008 3:10 PM  
Blogger dana said...

hmmm. 'cept i'm working nearly all week. and when I'M not working YOU are working....no fun. so, guess i'll see you next month when you have some time free, huh? :) i might be able to come out sunday after you get off work. love you.

p.s. will you make the cake before sunday if I come out? :) i've been promising people from work that I would share.

8/18/2008 10:11 AM  
Blogger K-Dubyah said...

Sis,

I'm off till Friday morning...

I can make the cake anytime you want it. Sure would be nice if you all could come out for dinner though.

Love you lots and lots,

Your Mommma

8/20/2008 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home