Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

A day of thanks.

It is often that I spend a lot of time trying to think of all the things that I’m thankful for, so I wanted to take some time to do that before Thanksgiving day arrived. (these aren’t sentences…just thoughts)

*unique and genuine friendships. My friends are amazing people and I would be lost without them in my life; they are true blessings. For me to go into detail about each friend would be much longer than most of you would care to read and I also don’t want to exclude any one of them, so I’m going to include a list. (you know who you are…if I’ve ever called you as being a part of “my people” or if I’ve ever said “I love you” to you, you’re included.) :)

*feeling the love of my father—and the respect that I’ve earned as a woman strong enough to stand on her own.

*laughter and unexpected displays of love from the kids that are in my world. I think of moments like coloring with my MaKayla and Scottie or them pleading for me to play in the sandbox. I love when I show up (typically at my mom’s) and they are excited to see me and they smile and scream, “sissy!” Melts my heart. Ryleigh letting me hold her and smiling (this is a rarity that I treasure). Gehrig knowing who I am and Dawson’s little smiles. CiCi and Claire wanting me to spend time with them and play with them.

*Risk, Vulnerability. Feeling that at the time nothing good came of the situation. “sometimes the hardest things and the right things are the same things.”

*Deciding to decide how to make improvements in my life.

*I’ve had some hard conversations with many people this year—and it has made me value myself and my relationships despite the hesitancy to start those conversations.

*Music (and this is especially true for Ellery)- for the words I didn’t know existed until they come out in your songs. For the beauty and love you bring to this world.

*Bright orange and yellow leaves on the tree outside my living room window. It is this huge tree full of amazingly colorful leaves.

*Crossroads. When I started going there on Sundays early this year I had pretty low expectations of what was to come. Now I look forward to when I can spend some time there and I’m looking forward to getting more involved. It has helped me find my footing again and I can’t describe the hope that has been restored.

*people who listen even when words aren’t spoken.

*my intuition or whatever you want to call it. I need to learn to listen to this more often…I’ve found more often than not I’m steered in the best direction, whether that be keeping my distance from a particular person b/c they’re not safe or feeling that the same level of friendship is being reciprocated.

*my family- we all have our own issues with our families and mine is definitely no different, but I love them—more than they know. Most of my frustration comes from wanting, what I think, is best for them and that not being met or realized by them.

There are many more, but I need to focus on other things right now.

Enjoy Thanksgiving. I hope you have things in your life to be thankful for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home