Thursday, May 19, 2005

off to Canada, eh?

I received a Yahoo travels email this morning. There wasn’t anywhere where I’d like to visit listed in the email but I decided to check to see if flights to Winnipeg had gone down any. And they had. I got really excited and checked a couple of sites to find that prices were nearly $100 less than the last time I checked and the last time I checked the cheapest airport to fly out of (locally) was Indy. So, a flight out of Cincy is/was about $75 less than a flight out of Indy was previously. I immediately emailed Christine to let her know about the idea and to make sure it wasn’t going to conflict with anything they had going on. She surprisingly emailed me back quickly and said that everything was good on her end.

Since I was at work I decided to postpone my little searching and possible booking adventure until lunchtime so I wouldn’t get reprimanded. I stopped in the break-room to fill up my cup with water and glanced at my horoscope in the paper. “Watch out for Internet purchases. Celebrate what you do have.” I didn’t know how to react, “Umm, so what should I do now? Crap. Crap. Crap. Does this really mean anything? What a weird coincidence though. Hmm.”

I returned back to my desk and at lunch made finding the best deal on a flight my top priority. I called Vickey, my dad’s fiancée, to find out when we were celebrating my dad’s 50th Birthday (June 14th) and we decided it would happen on Father’s Day weekend. So, that settled the date dilemma. I gave my PTO request to my boss to make sure I’d be able to not work. He signed it right then and I rushed back to my desk to book my ticket. The second it completed I called Christine to let her know.

I am SO EXCITED! I’m an eensy teensy bit nervous about my Grandpa’s health and if anything is going to happen. Other than that, I’m all set to visit my best friend in Canada!

YIPPEE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home