Tuesday, March 07, 2006

eyes wide open

My people are important. Being around my people is important. What an amazing and refreshing weekend to be around so many people that I love and admire. There's more I thought I wanted to say, but it doesn't seem so important now.

"If there's anything we need one another for, it's to help us see Life, to hold each other's hands when we have to go down into the basements of ourselves and turn the lights on, to prod each other to spend our days wisely, to urge each other to invest our lives and time in things that matter to us, to point out beauty, to sit and be with ugliness and grief, to stir up one another's imaginations, to pass hope back and forth among one another that Life can be better in this world: that it's worth our tears and sweat and failures...And to remind each other that being with another human with confidence and quiet gentleness is the most difficult and beautiful thing we could experience." ~tasha


"People need to know they are loved. Usually, that involves walking forward side-by-side with a person into the maze of the their life with your mouth shut while your eyes speak. Keeping your opinions in your opinion bag and your tongue bloody." ~michael


Thanks for loving me. Thanks for helping me see Life. Thanks for trusting me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home