Friday, February 25, 2005

GRRRRRRR!!!!

Today has been one of the most frustrating and stressful days that I can remember. It began much like it did on Tuesday morning with my roommate’s alarm waking me up at some awful hour. Much like Tuesday, I chose to go back to bed for a little while after turning the alarm off (this time it only took one try). I did manage to get up in time for a shower but not enough time to find the pictures I had planned to scrapbook tonight. I finally left my house at 7:44, without breakfast or lunch in hand, knowing full well that I would be late for work. I hop onto 50 only to see an endless stream of brake lights. ‘You’ve got to be kidding me. Surely the sun isn’t this big of a deal.’ I crawled along until I passed 2 accidents involving 5 cars altogether. I made my way to my exit and sit at the light. And sit. And sit. The impatient driver behind me beeps several times as if his beeping is actually going to change anything. Sure enough, someone had broken down at the light two cars in front of me. Eventually some nice construction workers help move her car off to the side. I finally get to my garage by 8am and know that if I hurry I’ll only be about 12 minutes late. I reach my desk and email my manager letting him know that I was a little late. What a way to start the day.

I was in charge of ordering baseball tickets for when we visit Chicago this June. Not a problem, or so I thought. Tickets were supposed to go on sale by phone at 8:30CST and online at 9:00CST. I call just to make sure the number is correct somewhere around 9 (8CST) and listen to a recording that says “Cubs tickets will go on sale at 10 am.” No mention of what time zone. I hop onto the website to discover they have moved back online sales as well. The “waiting room” doesn’t open until 9:30CST and you aren’t able to buy until 10. I begin calling promptly at 9:30, our time, only to discover a busy signal. Time and time again all I hear on the other end of the phone line is a busy signal. A busy signal has about the same level of annoyance as an alarm clock; all you want is for the damn phone to ring. I get to the website again and go into the “waiting room” at exactly 10:30 (again, our time). It automatically refreshes the page every 30 seconds. Hours go by. I calculate the number of times it has refreshed; 300. I wonder if I should delete my internet history so I don’t get in trouble. I continue to call and call and receive busy signal after busy signal. I manage to get a lot of work done in between in the midst of the craziness. After 6 hours and 16 minutes I finally resolve to the fact that it isn’t going to happen. I close my internet windows, disappointed.

Add to all of that, today is commission run and it is the first commission cycle since we doubled our size last week. It probably goes without saying, but, there has been a few “snags” in trying to get things completed. Since I still don’t have a handle on all the things we do, mundane tasks get thrown my way. Today I don’t mind too much. I was constantly busy and rushing to get things finished so the other girls could do what they needed to do.

As for eating healthy today, well, that didn’t happen. I left my apple, my snack that I was going to substitute as breakfast, in the car this morning as I rushed into work. Today was payday which meant doughnuts and bagels were delivered. I indulged in a bagel and avoided the doughnut, at least for a little while. I cut half of a doughnut hoping it would cure my desire. I later went back to finish what I started. Since we were so busy our boss let us order food in, his treat. Bad move for me. I ordered a calzone. I mean, why stop now? I managed to stop myself from scarfing the whole thing, barely. Later in the afternoon I partook in leftovers from a retirement party. I continued to eat, while being full, feeling guilty and disappointed.

I am so done with feeling this way. I don’t feel good now, now that I have over-ate all day long. So, I’m not giving up on this whole eating healthier and living healthier thing. Today was just a really disappointing day in that regard and it probably didn’t help things that I was so stressed. It is time to pick myself back up and start again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Dana! Chin up. Tomorrow is another day, Scarlett!

2/26/2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger dana said...

Thanks, Rich. :-)

3/05/2005 3:23 PM  
Blogger Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
cash for cars ipswich
cash for cars gympie

6/02/2021 10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for cars melbourne
cash for scrap cars brisbane

6/02/2021 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home