Thursday, September 30, 2004

Modeling

This is pretty interesting in my little world. So, a friend calls me sort of out of the blue yesterday and asks if I will go with her to be her nail model for her state boards. All the while I'm thinking 'me a model, yeah right'. She doesn't know of anyone else that can help her out so of course I lend my services...or umm, my hand. (I know, stupid joke) I drove all the way to Tri-County today so she could "prep" me, which included a free manicure. Mind you, this is only the second professional manicure I've ever had. It was lots of fun. She painted the one hand red. I mean...RED!!! Red has never been a color that I have dared to wear mostly because I feel like I would stand out too much. Anyhow, after it was on for awhile I started to like it. In the end I made her change it so now I have a fresh manicure (on one hand) and pink (pinker than I'd normally wear) polish. It's cute. I can see why people pay to have their nails done.

The down-side is I'll be gone Sunday night so I'll miss the DtP show. bummer. But, I'm excited to hang out with Evie and spend some time doing girly things and being able to help her out.

p.s. I went to OfficeTeam yesterday so I'm hoping to start a temp job by next week. yippee!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home