Monday, August 14, 2006

how do you art?

The question threw me for a second. In fact, I didn't think I had heard her correctly. I had just started a conversation with a (seemingly) nice young woman about my age. It was near the end of the event at the art gallery and my feet were crying for relief, I gave in and took a seat. I sat near her earlier in the evening for a very brief moment, but this time actually spoke to her.

There we were exchanging the normal pleasantries and then she asked me, "So, how do you art?" A bit of a strange question were it not for the location in which the question were asked. I fumbled for a minute and managed to spit out that I recently have been learning a bit about photography, wishing I had managed to come up with something more.

We talked for a few more minutes and I found out that she is an artist of words and enjoys poetry and other forms of writing. Her question has me interested in how other people would respond to this sort of question. I’ll take more time to respond to it in a few days and include it in another post. I suppose it all depends on how you define the word ‘art’.

If you’re up for sharing leave me a comment; I’d love to hear how you respond to this question.

3 Comments:

Blogger bradley said...

dana...

1. i will update soon.
2. i think that since you are good at getting bad sunburns, you should "art" by putting heart stickers on your skin, then getting a sunburn, and then taking photographs of the heart-shaped white patch of skin. how cool would that be? :)
3. see you tomorrow?

8/14/2006 10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does blogging count?

8/17/2006 11:17 PM  
Blogger dana said...

brad...that is *sick*
mike...I think blogging counts as much as you want it to count.

8/28/2006 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home