Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Mental Rolodex

Do you ever have someone say hello to you and have no idea who they are? That happened to me last night. Typically I am pretty good with remembering names and faces and such but last night I was stumped. I was on my way out of Kroger when someone said, “hey Dana”. I turned and looked back and attempted to not look like an idiot said, “oh, hey. How are you?” still not realizing who they were. The encounter ended quickly as I didn’t want them to know that I didn’t recognize them. For the life of me I can’t figure out who it was that I ran into and how they might know me.

Was it someone that was on 1st Alumni?
Someone I might have spent time with when I was at CBC?
Someone I knew from church?
A friend of any of those people that I might have met?
One of Holly’s friends?
An old roommate?
A friend of a former roommate?
Someone I have worked with?

Nothing clicked. And, it’s driving me crazy. Is this a sign of aging? So, if you or perhaps someone you know said that they ran into me last night at Kroger please accept/send my apologies, and please tell me who/how I know that person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home