Monday, August 29, 2005

I love weekends...

This past weekend was a particularly enjoyable one.

Dinner with a friend from high school on Friday night followed by late night unpacking of four Pampered Chef boxes (it was like Christmas!!).

Saturday was a wonderfully busy day that started with having lunch with my mom, niece and nephew. I still am amazed that my mom managed to juggle all of us at one time. Saturday evening was relaxing and very enjoyable. We (Holly, Justin, Tasha, and myself) grabbed some dinner and headed out to Moonlite Gardens at Coney Island and met up with a big group of wonderful people that I love to enjoy Over-the-Rhine. Not that I've been to many venues but the atmosphere and temperature, the people, and the band all combined to make Moonlite Gardens one of my favorite venues yet. I loved listening to OTR live. And, there was no falling on my face this time and for that I am thankful. (I still laugh everytime I think about it-and no I'm not telling the story.)

Sunday came bright and early. I spent a little more time with some of the peeps that I saw the night before eating breakfast and enjoying conversation. Sunday afternoon was a much needed chat with a gentle and caring woman that I call Grandma Jo. Laughter and tears were sprinkled through the conversation and frustration came when we tried to print envelopes from her computer. It was just a much needed time to be myself with someone who knows me and is interested in seeing me grow and love freely and be free. The last part of Sunday was spent with my dad and my step-mom (yes-it's still strange). I had a pretty okay time, except now there's a little bit of a trust issue and I feel I have to be careful of what I say and how it's taken.

I can hardly wait til the next weekend. Maybe this one I'll spend painting like I said I would a month ago. :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the story, but am not telling either.

8/31/2005 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home