Thursday, April 22, 2004

A day in the life.....of ME!

Getting ready
Alarm clocks are annoying, yet necessary for me. Heard the first screeching beeps at 6:30 and then every nine minutes thereafter until I actually got out of bed to take a shower at 7:15. I hate taking showers in the morning cuz then my hair is still wet when I leave. Not that I actually fix it but I at least am able to brush it. After a quick shower I dashed into my room to scrounge some clothes among the mess that is my room. I hate how messy my room has become lately. I hope that the next round of packing will actually make it less cluttered than the first round made it. I decided on grey pants with my bright pinky- orange-y, paisley top. I need to find some new black shoes. maybe I'll hit payless today at lunchtime. ha, I've said that the last three days. oh well. It's 732 and I'm still not completely ready. No lunch is made which, at this point, isn't likely to happen now. I grab the things I need for after work. Lock my bedroom door and go into the kitchen. One look in the fridge tells me there isn't something I can just grab for breakfast or lunch. Darn it. Next stop is the bathroom again. Quickly brush my teeth and then try to detangle at least part of my hair. The time is now 744 and I have a good chance of being late.

The commute
I rush down my driveway and into the routine morning commute. No cops on 50 today. Didn't really matter, the people in front of me wouldn't let me go the speed limit anyway. Not much of anything good on the radio this morning. I settled for Celebration on 94.9 as I was pulling in the parking garage around 751. Found a fairly good spot. Remembered as I was walking in that I didn't have anything to eat for breakfast at work and a Paula's muffin sounded good. Stopped by what I thought would be a quick pitstop on my way to work ended up taking nearly 5 minutes with only one person in front of me. They raised their prices on muffins too. Darn them. Made it to my floor just to see my clock say 810. Figures.

Mundane morning.
As I turn my page in my calendar I once again notice that yesterday was (well, would have been) the one year anniversary of when Tim and I started dating. Well, the "official" one anyways. Maybe that's why he didn't call last night. haha, yeah right. I doubt he would have remembered. He probably stayed up too late watching tv or being on the computer and then was too tired. Doesn't matter too much just as long as he's ok. I slept pretty good last night. Six full hours. Impressive.

I pull up all my systems and programs and some websites that I need. Check my email and open my yahoo email. I still need to email Kristen soon.

857. my hair is still wet, my muffin is gone and I'm out of water. time to refill and get a dose of news from the newspaper in the breakroom.

After my daily morning chat with Mary and Marlene I head back to my desk. My screensaver is on which means I've been away for at least five minutes. It (hopefully) says "I love the world in the springtime" in French. Other languages fascinate me. One day I will put in enough effort to learn another language. Until then, I'll pretend with phrases like "la vita e' bella" and "j'aime le monde dans les" as my screensavers. Oh my gosh, I just looked up that phrase on yahoo and it doesn't actually mean I love the world in the springtime. It's close. wow! I suppose I should correct it now. "J'aime le monde dans le printemps"

I'm wasting time, aren't I? It is so easy to do. Alright. I must force myself to work now.
1019. Chris calls and said she fell down at work and is being taken to the hospital. I start to freak out a little, in my head. "Are you gonna be ok? Do you want me to come with you? Do you need me to drive you?" She says she'll be ok and that someone from work is driving her and she will call me later. Crap. three people that I know are in the hospital today. chris, grandma jo, and sarah. God, please take care of them.
I need to get away from my desk for a minute.

1044. Drinking a warm cuppa and loving it. mmmm.

1058. Pending. I hate it. It takes me so long to do one stupid file. Grrr. Why do I always get hungry around 1030? at least I'm not eating cheetos. One of those bags is 20 grams of fat. Thank God I don't have that ritual anymore. But, whoppers are calling my name. I need to start bringing healthy snacks into work. That way I'm not as likely to hit the vending machine. Good thing lunch isn't too far away. crap. I didn't bring lunch. hmm, I guess I could go to quizno's to grab a salad and eat the ziti freezer thing. I might do that. depends on what I feel like in 30 minutes.

1109. asked Jenny if I could leave at 1 tomorrow. She said, "sure, that should be fine" and then glanced at the calendar and said "yeah." and I said, "I'm going to Chicago!" :-) she replied, "ooooh, have fun!" She's such a great supervisor! and, I'm going to Chicago!!! with Kristen!!! How cool is that!!! Did I mention that I frequently use exclamation points. yeah.

Lunch and rambling
1151. back from quizno's. Stopped at payless with no luck. Well, I might have bought something if I had more time to actually look without feeling rushed. I passed lazarus on the way back and thought of that sapphire diamond bracelet for mom. I can't decide if I should get it. It is pretty inexpensive. Should I just wait to find something in Chicago? hmm. I'll have to think about it. Lunch is good. Ziti parm, caesar salad, and pineapple chunks. ha! no meat. That is a rare occasion for me.

1228. emailed Heather and Ayesha about Friday Fun Night. I'm sad that I'm gonna miss it. I really enjoy it.

1242. I can't concentrate on work. AGAIN. So, I'm off to check on everyone's blog. HA! Kristen updated! Yay! it'd been awhile. and it's about Chicago and stuff. awww. I'm looking forward to it too. :-)

1247. crap. I really need to quit updating and get some freakin' work done. alright. i'll post this now and i'll try to edit right before I leave work.

I'm back with more rambling

108. on the way back from the bathroom I saw Pam and her boys who stopped in to visit. Good to see her again. I wish she still worked here.

149. I'm feeling all anxious. I dunno why. I have a lot to get done tonight. I called Kristen and left a message a few minutes ago. I also called Christine and left a message to see if she was okay. Off to get more water and probably pee again. tmi, I'm sure.

231. my york peppermint patties are stale. yep, that's right....stale. I'm eating them anyway.
303. I'm working on a file and they live on Golden lane. :-) made me think of the Golden's that I know and love!

354. dang. I've had to go to the bathroom twice in the last hour. I've drank a lot of water today but that isn't too unusual. sheesh. People are gonna start thinking I have issues. I'm trying to listen to Dick Alexander on my CD player but it keeps cutting in and out. Guess I shouldn't have dropped it fifty times.

417. Chris called me back. They (urgent care) think that she tore a muscle in her arm. But, nothing is broken. Gram got out of surgery but the drs. were unable to fix her rotator cuff (crap, I don't think that's what they were trying to fix...but, I can't remember). There's nothing that I can do or even say to make things better. I'm supposed to be leaving for Chicago tomorrow but I want to be there for Christine in any way that I can.

433. I'm looking forward to having new roommates. I've learned a lot along the way. I'm also quite stressed about being able to pay the stupid electric bill. I have to write another letter to my roommates about the bill situation and about moving out. And, I have to write a letter to the landlord about moving out. fun stuff. I have to go to the bathroom again. I'm gonna try to hold it for at least 10 more minutes. this is insane. I am on my fourth (I think) bottle of water. Haha, so about 88 oz. of water. I'm impressed with that. Normally I only make it through 2 or 3 bottles while at work. The muffin must've made me thirsty. (a four word "m" alliteration!)

451. about to leave work now. Thinking about all the things I have to do tonight (it's gonna be a busy night!).

*stop at the gym for a quick workout since I haven't been since Monday.
*do a load of laundry (while at the laundrymat stop at the produce store)
*Watch survivor with Karen
*Pick up snacks from Kroger
*make phone calls. Ayesha, Naomi, Christina, Heather, and Christine.
*pack for Chicago.
*fall asleep :-)


There you have it, folks. This has been a day in the life of Dana. As much as it seems that I didn't get a lot of work done today I actually did. I wonder how many people will actually read this extrememly long post. hehe. I apologize if I have bored you to tears. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home