Saturday, September 24, 2005

Almost doesn't even count in baseball...

It's the bottom of the eighth inning and we've been talking the entire game about how we'd like to catch a foul ball. We're in good seats for this sort of thing, right off the third base line and high enough to catch one if it has some air to it. Here we are, father and daughter, chatting about some random thing and all of a sudden and ball comes our direction but we don't even notice it until it's midway and I assume it's going for the section below us. "Go figure." (my niece's new phrase) I'm two feet from the ball, my dad is up and trying to get over me without falling to grab it and I have barely just noticed. You know the parts in some movies where everything is moving slow motion, it felt a bit like that. I couldn't think quick enough to keep up with what was actually taking place. I was still sitting on my ass when the guy two rows in front of us managed to jump over the seat and grab the ball. Now that's a serious letdown. Fifty years and my dad's never caught a foul ball and tonight was his chance and it didn't happen. It sucks. There's always hope for next season, right? Right.

Final score Reds 3, Phillies 2.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your dad seem to go to baseball games in September. I was looking for something and accidentally clicked on September 2003. I thought I better check September 2004 to test my theory, but then I read it and became sad.

9/25/2005 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home